Just finished fixing the bridge on this really cool German Lute Guitar. The owner and I were discussing a complete overhaul including changing the bracing to sound more like a traditional lute. We decided against that since the instrument is still in such good shape. The bridge needed some cracks repaired though, so now it is back in operation.
Making progress on my classical guitar build. At the “in the white stage” where everything is scraped and ready for shellac. Top is Carpathian Spruce and the back and sides is a very green set of Bocote. I managed a good display of the gorgeous sapwood on the back. Overall the back and sides turned out very interesting.
I am showing my instruments at Marylhurst University on April 28th and 29th from 12-5 on both days. If you are in the Portland area, come by and say hi. There will be a lot of luthiers showing their work.